Cornell Veteran and Military Employee Resources
Cornell University is a military-friendly institution where our nation’s military heroes and heroines serve as leaders and innovators across campus, and throughout the academic community. The University, local community, State and Federal governments offer workplace support for military employees through a variety of departments and services; explore the links below to access the resources available for Veterans and Military Personnel.
Cornell Resources for Veterans
- Veterans Colleague Network Group: improving the climate for veterans at Cornell
- Cornell ROTC: Army / Navy / Air Force: train to become an officer in the U.S. Armed Services
- Cornell Veterans Education Benefits: for active duty or reserve military personnel
- Veterans at Johnson: support for perspective and current veteran students
- Cornell Veterans Memorials Tour: take a tour of Cornell’s beautiful campus
- Cornell Admissions: for VetLink, Warrior-Scholar Project and how to apply to Cornell
- MilitaryOneSource.com: benefits (health, life insurance, retirement, education)
- New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs: summary of state, federal, and active duty benefits
- Veteranaid.org: focuses on Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Improved Pension Program
- G.I. Bill: financial benefits for those who have served in the military who are pursuing education
- Veteran’s Advantage: national preferred-pricing program and resources for veterans
Cornell Workplace Benefits for Military Employees
- Flexible work: alternative work schedules to help you succeed
- GI Bill /Employee Education: leverage your GI Bill benefits through Employee Degree Program
- Professional Development: explore opportunities to grow and develop your skills
- Military Leaves: balance the demands of the workplace with your military commitment
- Retirement: financial and investment planning services to help you achieve your financial goals
- Diversity Resources: find out about Cornell’s accessible and welcoming environment
Cornell and the Local Wellness Resources for Military Employees
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP): free, confidential, professional counseling and consultation services on the phone or in person for all benefits-eligible faculty, staff, retirees, and their partners.
- Wellness: find balance, maintain your health and wellbeing with Cornell’s Wellness Program
- Veterans @ Cornell Health: health and wellness resources specifically for veterans at Cornell
- Veterans Sanctuary: Cornell sponsored, year-round alternative therapy for war veterans
- Warrior Gateway: physical therapy, counseling and jobs search online directory
- Work/Life in Human Resources: parenting, elder/adult, and self-care resources and programs are available through consultations, workshops, and events. Contact Work/Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 255-0388.
- Veteran’s Crisis Hotline: connecting veterans in need, call: (800) 273-8255 (text to 8382555)
- Syracuse Honor Flights: serving 10 counties in Central NY, flying heroes to Washington, DC to visit and reflect together at their memorials
Jobs at Cornell, and Professional Development for Military Employees
Start HERE to see how a career at Cornell offers opportunities to reach your potential and join a community of great minds with global impact. Learn more about the following tools designed to help military personnel and veterans convert their skills into more civilian friendly language:
- Cornell Career Navigator: for current and new military employees, the navigator tool maps where you are in the Cornell job family matrix and shows a framework for advancement.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs/Veterans Employment Center: connecting veterans and their families with meaningful employment and career-development opportunities.
- O*NET OnLine: advanced search tools for apprenticeships, and all occupations
- Military.com: resource for veterans benefits, news, jobs and military life
- CareerOneStop: U.S. Department of Labor career resources for veterans