VCNG: A Community of Strength and Support
The Veterans Colleague Network Group (VCNG) is a University sponsored employee resource group founded to raise awareness of veteran and military personnel issues, and create a forum for veterans to network with all members of the Cornell campus community. VCNG extends beyond the workplace to advocate for veterans, and support the University’s efforts to recruit and retain military personnel. The VCNG executive board serves as a conduit between the veteran community and University leadership.
Join the Network: Stay Connected
VCNG encourages all military staff, faculty and students to become an integral part of the Cornell community. Whether your military service is a step along your career path, or you’ve become a permanent member of the campus workforce, through VCNG the University provides a caring environment with opportunities to build on the skills and experiences of your military service, achieve your professional goals and perhaps further your education. VCNG provides access to the following resources:
- Ithaca chapter of Team Red, White & Blue (RWB): Come “Sweat with a Vet,” and enrich your Cornell/Ithaca experience and the lives of veterans through physical and social activity. Join Team RWB on Facebook.
- New York State Division of Veteran’s Affairs: VCNG provides access to counseling on campus and in Auburn, NY.
- VCNG mentor program: Find a mentor, and participate in activities at the Hoffman Challenge Course!
- VCNG meetings: Generally held on the third Monday of each month from noon to 1:30pm. To receive notifications, join the listserv by sending an email to email@example.com
- Current faculty and staff are encouraged to join the VCNG listserv (VETERANSANDMILITARYPERSONNEL-L) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and instructions.